Dental Implant Placement in Bloomfield Hills
Dr. Banda Replaces Missing Teeth to Improve Your Smile and Your Oral Health
Advances in dentistry have given patients with missing teeth an alternative to traditional dentures and bridges; dental implants. These solid replacement teeth are often the preferred choice because they:
- Promote jawbone structure retention (reduce bone loss)
- Don't require adhesives or clasps
- Won't slip out of place
- Feel and function like natural teeth
- Are independent of one another
- Require no special care routines
- Allow you to eat what you want, when you want
- Improve facial appearance by supporting cheeks and lips
- Create a natural-looking smile you'll be proud of
- Can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance
After you and your general dentist have decided on dental implant therapy, you will make an appointment with Dr. Banda for a consultation and implant placement. Your general dentist is an important part of the dental implant process and will work with Dr. Banda in an interdisciplinary approach for optimal results.
During your implant placement procedure, Dr. Banda will surgically position small biocompatible posts into your jawbone. These posts will form the foundation for the aesthetic restoration that your general dentist will place once your mouth heals and the bone fuses with the implants. The entire process for placement and restoration generally takes about six to eight months. However, options exist for temporary fixtures or mini dental implants if you need a full set of teeth to function during the healing process.
Schedule a consultation to discuss dental implants with Dr. Banda by calling our Bloomfield Hills practice. Our office serves patients throughout this area, including Troy, Birmingham, Clarkston, and beyond. For more about dental implants, visit our patient resource library.