If you ask someone why they fear the dentist, a common answer may be that they have a fear of tooth removal. “What if the dentist says that I need a tooth removed?” Though tooth removal is one of the more invasive dental procedures, it can be necessary in some cases to save your surrounding healthy teeth and prevent the spread of infection in your mouth. Tooth removal today, is a quick and efficient procedure. A clear sign that you need a tooth removed is chronic pain or discomfort somewhere in your mouth, especially from a tooth that was previously treated with root canal surgery. Make an appointment with Dr. Banda, the Implant Dentist, at Cranbrook Dental Care today. Dr. Banda will perform the tooth removal procedure you need with your care and comfort in mind. Cranbrook Dental Care proudly restores smiles throughout Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Clarkston, Troy, and Birmingham, MI.
Why You Made Need Tooth Removal Surgery
- Decay: Sometimes cavities can reduce and corrupt the surface of your tooth to such a degree, that the pain, discomfort, and sensitivity experienced, requires the tooth to be removed.
- Crowding: Your tooth may need to be pulled to make room for orthodontic treatment, or to make room for a tooth that doesn’t have enough room to erupt (break through the gum line).
- Infection: Sometimes tooth decay can extend to the pulp at the center of your tooth. The nerves and blood vessels that make up the pulp can become infected with harmful bacteria. Often this can be corrected with root canal therapy, however if the infection is severe enough, extraction may be needed to prevent the spread of infection to your healthy teeth.
- Gum Disease: If an infection is located in the bone and gum tissue that supports your teeth, your teeth may loosen and need to be extracted before they fall out.
- Wisdom Teeth: About 12% of Americans have wisdom teeth that will eventually become infected if they are not removed.
The longer you postpone your routine dental care, the more likely you will need tooth removal to treat infection and decay in your mouth. If you believe that your condition may require tooth removal, make an appointment with Dr. Banda at Cranbrook Dental Care today. Dr. Banda is a highly qualified oral surgeon. Cranbrook Dental Care proudly serves patients throughout Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Clarkston, Troy, and Birmingham, MI.