In today’s tumultuous world, there may not be a lot that the majority of Americans can agree on, but there’s one thing that remains true for the greater part of the population: your smile is your most important physical feature. It’s a fact – those with a great looking grin have an easier time meeting (and keeping) Mr. or Miss Right, and people with radiant pearly whites frequently succeed in business more than their counterparts with sub-par teeth. In this post, learn the reasons why you should invest in your smile with cosmetic dentistry from the team at Cranbrook Dental Care, your respected dentist in Bloomfield Hills.
June 5, 2017
February 9, 2017
You’re a successful small business owner in Bloomfield Hills and you’re confident in your skills, your product and your company. The one thing you’re not confident in, however, is your smile. You’re tired of wondering if clients notice the chips, and the gap in the front is obvious to everyone. Plus, your teeth are pretty yellow from all the coffee you drink from your long working hours. You want to upgrade your grin, but you don’t want braces – and these wouldn’t fix the nicks in your enamel or the discoloration anyway. What can you do? Porcelain veneers in Bloomfield Hills from Cranbrook Dental Care are the solution for you. Learn all about how you can get the smile you’ve dreamt up from Dr. David Banda.
October 8, 2016
Missing teeth change more than facial appearance. They impact integrity of remaining teeth, gum tissue and jawbone. Dental implant dentist in Bloomfield, Dr. David G. Banda, tells qualified patients how dental implants can change smiles for years to come.
December 17, 2014
If you ask someone why they fear the dentist, a common answer may be that they have a fear of tooth removal. “What if the dentist says that I need a tooth removed?” Though tooth removal is one of the more invasive dental procedures, it can be necessary in some cases to save your surrounding healthy teeth and prevent the spread of infection in your mouth. Tooth removal today, is a quick and efficient procedure. A clear sign that you need a tooth removed is chronic pain or discomfort somewhere in your mouth, especially from a tooth that was previously treated with root canal surgery. Make an appointment with Dr. Banda, the Implant Dentist, at Cranbrook Dental Care today. Dr. Banda will perform the tooth removal procedure you need with your care and comfort in mind. Cranbrook Dental Care proudly restores smiles throughout Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Clarkston, Troy, and Birmingham, MI.
Why You Made Need Tooth Removal Surgery
- Decay: Sometimes cavities can reduce and corrupt the surface of your tooth to such a degree, that the pain, discomfort, and sensitivity experienced, requires the tooth to be removed.
- Crowding: Your tooth may need to be pulled to make room for orthodontic treatment, or to make room for a tooth that doesn’t have enough room to erupt (break through the gum line).
- Infection: Sometimes tooth decay can extend to the pulp at the center of your tooth. The nerves and blood vessels that make up the pulp can become infected with harmful bacteria. Often this can be corrected with root canal therapy, however if the infection is severe enough, extraction may be needed to prevent the spread of infection to your healthy teeth.
- Gum Disease: If an infection is located in the bone and gum tissue that supports your teeth, your teeth may loosen and need to be extracted before they fall out.
- Wisdom Teeth: About 12% of Americans have wisdom teeth that will eventually become infected if they are not removed.
The longer you postpone your routine dental care, the more likely you will need tooth removal to treat infection and decay in your mouth. If you believe that your condition may require tooth removal, make an appointment with Dr. Banda at Cranbrook Dental Care today. Dr. Banda is a highly qualified oral surgeon. Cranbrook Dental Care proudly serves patients throughout Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Clarkston, Troy, and Birmingham, MI.
November 17, 2014
Research has shown that over 15% of Americans actually suffer from dental anxiety. Many more simply avoid the dental care they need because of expected pain and discomfort. But if you need tooth replacement or restoration you should know that there are Sedation Dentistry techniques that can virtually eliminate the pain and discomforted associated with these dental procedures. Dr. Banda is an experienced sedation dentist and has completed an intensive IV sedation course at the Duquesne University, Mylan School of Pharmacy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Make an appointment with Dr. Banda at Cranbrook Dental Care today. Cranbrook Dental Care proudly serves patients throughout Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Clarkston, Troy, and Birmingham, MI.
Sedation Dentistry Techniques
- Intravenous (IV) Sedation– Medication is delivered through a tiny needle placed through either the top of your hand or within your inner elbow. Eliminates anxiety and pain and you will remember little-to-nothing of the appointment by the next day. Medications most commonly used are Fentanyl (opiate), Versed (benzodiazepine), Ketamine, and Diprivan.
- Oral Conscious Sedation– Oral sedation works as a sedative to make you feel sleepy and as an anti-anxiety medication to relieve anxiety. These benzodiazepines are depressants that affect the central nervous system to reduce your sense of pain. Although you are aware of your surroundings you are less responsive to external stimuli like the sound of the drill or the smell of materials. The dentist may subscribe Valium, Xanax or Halcion.
Sedation Dentistry in Bloomfield Hills, MI
You don’t have to choose between tooth pain and pain from dental care. You can get the dental work you need with a comfortable pain free procedure. Dr. Banda makes every effort to ensure that patients are properly sedated for any major dental procedure. Make an appointment with Dr. Banda at Cranbrook Dental Care today to experience the sedation dentistry difference for yourself. Cranbrook Dental Care proudly serves patients throughout Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Clarkston, Troy, and Birmingham, MI.
April 3, 2014
For many of us, there will come a time when your smile needs extra help. When that time comes, we hope you’ll choose Dr. Banda for your restorative dentistry needs. Dr. Banda brings years of experience and a sense of compassion to the care he provides to his patients from Bloomfield Hills and beyond.
Among the restorative dentistry services that Dr. Banda offers is dental implants. This great service can help patients who have lost one or more teeth restore what they’ve lost and enjoy both natural appearance and functionality. That’s because of how dental implants work.
Dental implants support crowns, bridges, partials and dentures, using titanium implant posts. These posts act like prosthetic roots. What’s more, because titanium is a biocompatible metal, your post(s) will fuse with the jaw over time and promote bone growth.
As effective as dental implants are, though, they aren’t right for every patient. Do you want to know if dental implants can help you? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Banda of Cranbrook Dental Care in Bloomfield Hills. During your visit, we can help you understand your options and choose a treatment that will work for you.
Call us today for an appointment. Dr. Banda offers restorative dentistry to patients from Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Clarkston, Troy, and Birmingham.